As the weather begins to warm up, the outdoors is beginning to blossom with life again. This is what makes spring an amazing time to get your yard in tip-top shape. Yard prep can be so much more than just part of work around the house; it can actually be a lot of fun for the family and make your property a warm, welcoming place. We can help you get started with some of our spring landscaping ideas.
Reseed your lawn
Prep garden beds
Get some affordable decor
- Hang potted flowers from an old metal gate
- Have your kids paint a wooden welcome sign
- Put potted plants on painted wooden crates
- Use a thrift store birdcage as a bird feeder
- Buy or make with your kids
- Make a DIY
- Outdoor lanterns
- Garden benches
- Old tree stumps as chairs
Trim trees and prune plants
- Gardening gloves
- Hand pruners
- Clean birdbaths every day. Steer away from outdoor fountains. These can be breeding grounds for mosquitoes.
- Keep your lawn trimmed
- Get a bird feeder. Birds are likely to keep your bug population down.
- - they aren’t very effective.
- Clean the gutters around your house
- Keep bug zappers on the outside perimeter of your yard. Bugs are actually attracted to it, so don’t keep them near the house